Mirror

I walked out of my room, my eyes tired from crying because of that silly movie I've already watched a couple of times but still makes me cry. I looked around as I tried to listen if anyone's still awake and might see me in this sad state. Gladly, everyone's asleep already. I wanted to go out and walk and just think but it's too dangerous so I just walked to our main house not knowing what to do or really where I'd wanted to go if I suddenly wanted to escape and just get out of here.

I entered through the wooden door and it was pitch black in the living room. I turned on the lights and was surprised that the mirror was facing me. I went nearer and nearer to my reflection. I touched the glass as if I could touch my own face through it, wipe my tears and make it all vanish but I know I cannot. But I continue to reach out to myself as I stare at my own eyes. It was getting harder and harder to breathe when a heavy wave of sadness came over me as I looked at myself.  I've changed and I know this is not who I am. The honest smile is gone, the genuine happiness is slowly fading away and I am... slowly vanishing. I almost choked and it felt like a lump on my throat as I fought the urge to cry, because for the first time I couldn't see myself anymore.

I see my alter ego, that person that you've been trying to create from me.
I am gone and I see only you.
And it hurts.

0 comments:

Post a Comment