Young souls

I never fully believed that someone so young could die so soon, especially when I personally knew the person.

The time Rico Yan died and news spread like fire, I had this feeling that I had to see his dead body first before I could believe it. I just couldn't accept the fact that someone who's very young and who's career is just blooming could die very early. 

But it was much harder when Kuya Brian died.

Brian Rivera's my grade school bestfriend's brother. We were bus mates and he would always seat across me while my best friend Kristen would sit by me. He was very funny as he would tease me often about getting fat for not sharing my food and as he said this, he would grab a handful of my food. What I really admired about him is that he was such a good brother. He would always carry Kristen's bag and he would always accompany her.

So when I heard the news that he drowned at a beach in Iloilo for saving a friend, my heart was crushed together with my best friend's family. For days, I just couldn't believe such a good son, friend, sister, boyfriend and brother would die so soon.

When I had the courage to finally go to his wake, I stared at his cold peaceful face for a very long time, and flashbacks of him laughing or smiling at me came back. Suddenly, I felt so much emotion that I couldn't cry. Right after we left, I cried in the van because I felt in my heart that he's really gone and I had to accept it.

I have to admit that sometimes up 'till now I couldn't believe he's really gone but as I have known him, he sure lived his short life to the fullest so I think I have nothing to be sad about.

I love and miss you Kuya Brian, Happy Birthday! I know you're happy in heaven.

0 comments:

Post a Comment