It's been six months. :)

        6 months ago, I was just a Journalism fresh grad from the University of Santo Tomas. I've been a Kapamilya all my life but GMA opened their gates for me.


I was nervous and scared but Mam Queenie "gave birth" to me and Sir Ricky took me in his arms and made me part of the News on Q family. I started as news writer for their program on the 26th of April and I was the youngest in the whole newsroom at that time.



I was first introduced to ate Xien, a fellow Thomasian, then to Ate Ali and Kuya Rems. And then to the whole newsroom. I feared them, I found them intimidating but soon they became good, good friends. I went to EK with them and other writers for the GMA family day, we even had random karaoke moments and night outs. Oh, and Doi was also added to our family.  


   I was also lucky to have met such good friends from other department like Jeff, Stacy and Neil. 


In a span of six months, I was pretty lucky that I've been exposed to different events and circumstances.  I was just in time for the 2010 National and Barangay and SK Elections. 


It was my craziest day to date but I was so blessed to be part of it. I was also assigned to risky tasks like writing the Twitter Q and eventually Youscoop segment for our show. 


There were also heavenly opportunities that were given to me like writing for Unang Balita where I got the chance to be greated by Drew Arellano (see previous post). Through my friend Jeff, I also got the chance to have a photo taken with my ultimate crush Akihiro Sato!


     Those were the easy days but every day is actually both a privilege and a challenge. Writing for a news program isn't really an easy job to do. You have to be responsible with all the things you do. You have to write and think fast but still be aware of the things that you have to do. You have to be sure that what the public gets to know is the truth. It was really difficult at first; I've failed and stumbled at times but little by little, I strive to redeem myself and stand again. 

    Some people say that you only have yourself to rely on and I agree. But I believe that without the people who surround me; my family at home who believed me, my friends from other department and shows who brightened my days, and my News on Q family who continue to fill me with warmth, I wouldn't have made it this far. I am grateful for each and everyone of them who've made my journey easier or harder yet more fulfilling.


Thank you GMA News and Public affairs for this great opportunity to serve.
I am now a ceritified Kapuso, and I'll continue to chase my dreams in the coming years. 


2 comments:

Charlene Cunanan said...

Congrats pol! We started at the same date so we're basically work-brethren, only in different fields! Cheers to more 6 months! :)

Apple Gamboa said...

Thanks Cha! So glad we made it this far! We should celebrate on our work anniversary! :)

Post a Comment