I'm married and I just gave birth to a child.

Actually, that was just what the lady who sat across me in the jeepney yesterday thought so. 

You see, I was actually late for work but I still took a jeep on my way to work to save some.  And then there was this lady who I assume is as old as my mama. She was staring at me. I mean, REALLY STARING AT ME. She wasn't even blinking. I was getting bothered already (and was actually thinking, am I that pretty?LOL) when she spoke to me and said "Ikaw ba si Marilen?" (Is your name Marilen?)

Apparently, Marilen was her 17-year-old daughter-in-law who she said looks exactly like me as if we are twins. I was already smiling when she told me that she's also beautiful like me, then she had to mention that Marilen just gave birth a month ago. :)) 

I kept on laughing in my mind the whole time because she really made sure that I wasn't her daughter-in-law who was supposed to be in Pampanga with his son. :)) Oh, life's ways of turning your day from awful to awesome :) 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

I can't wait to be in Baguio on Saturday, to be back in the city of pines and hug my brother again. I bet I would even be happier because my good, good, bitchy friends Lian and Jicky are coming with me. 

Baguio heals my heart, every time. 

Now, I'm off to pack my things. See you in 2 days! <3 

0 comments:

Post a Comment