Aqua

Once, I had a dog named Aqua.

I never really knew his breed or why he was given to me at a very young age. Now that I try to recall, he looked like this, a corgi.


He was small and his fur was flesh. He was handed to me while I was seated at the front seat of our school service. He sat beside me and we both just stared out the window. That was the first time we met. 

When we brought him home, we let him stay in the living room. And I sat on the floor while watching him. I was playing with my brother when suddenly, I felt him on my back... he was humping me!  I patted him, hugged him while I was laughing so hard. What a crazy, crazy dog!

He was the smallest among our dogs, but he would always win during fights. I remember the days when he would come home all bloody and when we'd check up on him, he doesn't have any wound. Turns out our maid saw him fighting with bigger dogs earlier and he ended up triumphant. My parents said he was just like me, small but terrible. 

And I could never forget and understand the days that I would stay at our garage whenever I have a problem and he would just sit there staring at me looking all worried. And whenever I come home, he would come running to me like as if he'd been waiting for me all day to show up.

Through the years, we've been through so much. I was the only person he feared and he was the only dog I took care of.


But one day, our maid let go of Aqua and he never got back to us. I was so traumatized when I lost him. About two years after he got out, I saw him outside our gate again, staring at me. His other eye was a bit dislocated as if someone tried to kill him but I was sure it was him.


I let him in our house again, he stayed for two days then left.


That's why when I watched Hachiko, I couldn't help but cry because he reminded me so much of Aqua. They may not have the same story but they were both faithful dogs.


And up to now, I cannot forget him because I didn't just lose a dog, I lost a good, good friend.

And if one day I'd luckily get a dog again, I'd love him as much as I did love Aqua. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment