Rays of my Sun

It's Labor Day, I'm at work and I should actually feel bad because it's a holiday and I'm here. But I'm actually feeling giddy and happy and I'm not like these years ago.

I was an emo kid and I used to cry a lot. I love writing sad posts, listening to sad songs and I love thinking of problems instead of possibilities. But by meeting these people, I learned to be happy.

I met this Kuya when I was in first year college in an event. When I knew him, I seriously didn't know how to smile with my teeth. I hated them because they were so uneven. But he told me I should stop being shy and show people my smile. He said a simple smile could make people happy. And ever since, I've had this weird grin on my face. For some, what he told me may be simple but through his honest remark, he helped me communicate better with people, even with just a goofy, silly smile.

Third year college came, and I met this person through a schoolmate. He taught me two important things that I'd carry in my heart for the rest of my life: The simplicity of love and life. To be happy, you don't always have to buy expensive things, spend a thousand bucks in expensive places and be with famous people. You can always have the best of this world just by surrounding yourself with things and people that make you happy. And you can always find happiness in the simplest things.

Movie marathons and candlelight dinners at home. A day with your whole family. A child's  smile. Your mom's laughter. A petal. Freebies. Your favorite song. A tight hug. Delicious food at home. Fresh air.  These are things that could make you smile. Always take time to take a look around, breathe in and absorb all the positive vibes you can get from the simple things around you. Be in the moment and love every second of it.

Throughout my college life, I got to be with these eleven people. And  whenever I'm with them, I always feel as if God is hugging me tight. The sun is always shining brighter and days were easier to bear. We didn't need vices to keep us happy.  Food, stories, experiences and the thought of being together was more than enough to make us high. They made my life beautiful. They made me love life.

And now, there also these new people in my life. I can't count them all, but I'm pretty sure they know who they are. They are these friends I talk to most of the time and spent short yet random moments with.  They are like rays of the sun and they continue to shine on me everyday. They make me laugh, they stop me whenever I talk about things that make me sad, they keep me company and they share with me all the positivism they have.

This blog may not be enough to show how grateful I am but may this be an immortal validation and proof for these people who changed my life.

2 comments:

SS said...

You are very much loved :)

Apple Gamboa said...

I really am. Thank you gelpren!And thanks to the Big Guy Above :)

Post a Comment